WHO ARE WE?
Graeme Simsion, the author of the Rosie Project series – six million copies sold in forty languages – and other international bestsellers, including Two Steps Forward, co-authored with…
… Anne Buist, professor of psychiatry, Chair of Women’s Mental Health at the University of Melbourne and author of five psychological thrillers including the Natalie King series.
Our latest joint novel (to be published by Hachette, April 2024) is The Glass House, set in an acute psychiatric ward. It’s the first of a planned series, following trainee psychiatrist Hannah Wright through the sub-specialties as she learns on the job.
From March to July, 2024, we aim to visit every bookshop (excluding second-hand and specialist) in Australia to meet booksellers and customers, sign books, give talks and run writing seminars.
We want to particularly invite mental health workers along.
We’ll be working with professional filmmakers to make a documentary of the tour, focusing on the contributions and challenges of bricks-and-mortar bookshops.
We want to:
- Thank booksellers for their contribution to our books’ success, particularly The Rosie Project which was driven by recommendations from traditional booksellers.
- Bring together mental health workers to celebrate a book that celebrates them.
- Promote the role of bookshops and mental health services in the community.
- Talk about The Glass House and the issues it raises.
- Raise some money for mental health – all royalties from books sales at the events will be donated.
- Connect with aspiring and emerging writers – and established writers.
- Have a lot of fun with booksellers and customers.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Roll up to an event in your town (check the itinerary and book early – the first event we listed sold out three months in advance).
WHERE’S ALL THAT MONEY GOING?
Royalties from books sold at the events will go to a mental-health organisation in that state or territory. If an organisation participates in a particular event, we’ll donate to them, but otherwise… (confirmed so far)
Victoria: Schizy Inc
Tasmania: Speak Up Stay ChatTY
Northern Territory: Sabrina’s Reach 4 Life